Tuesday

Spike Jonze - I'm Here

I've meant to write about this for a few weeks now. I'm Here is a short film directed and written by Spike Jonze. Its a sweet story about a destructive relationship, shown in a physical way aswell as emotional. I liked it alot. I read alot about it on different blogs and stuff and found that it was inspired by the book The Giving Tree looking at the influences in popular culture really makes me want that book. MGMT's Kidswas also influenced by the book, so if that isn't a good enough reason to want it I don't know what is. Anyway back to the film. The shots are beautiful, Jonze portrays the emotions of solitude, loneliness, insignificance so well. I actually could watch this over and over. Even though the story shows robots, you feel you can relate to the characters.

No comments: